The Border Consortium, a non-profit, non-governmental organisation, is an alliance of partners working together with displaced and conflict-affected people of Burma/Myanmar to address humanitarian needs and to support community-driven solutions in pursuit of peace and development.
TBC envisions a peaceful Burma/Myanmar where there is full respect for human rights, diversity is embraced, and communities are able to prosper.
- Dignity and respect
- Justice and Equity
TBC Strategy 2017 – 2019
The Strategy consists of five key statements:
- Displaced communities and Civil Society Organisations are engaged in Planning Voluntary Return, Resettlement and Reintegration Processes
- Food Security and Sustainable Livelihoods of Displaced and Host Communities are Strengthened
- Humanitarian Needs of Displaced Communities are Met
- Protection is Promoted in Camps and Return Areas
- Responsible Exit: Partners Develop and Sustain Programmes for Displaced and Conflict Affected Communities after TBC closes.
The full TBC Strategy for 2017 – 2019 is here.